May 18, 2017 | By Classic Wedding Invitations
Tips on Planning your Engagement Party
The engagement party officially starts the wedding preliminaries and wedding count down. It’s the best way to gather your family and friends to let them know you will tie the knot.
Here are some steps on planning your engagement party:
- Decide together on who will host. Traditionally, it is the bride’s parents who usually host the party. However, in modern times, the couple can also host or the groom’s parents. Make sure to come to terms of who’s who.
- Prepare your budget. Like your wedding, you need to prepare a budget for your engagement party. You don’t need to have an extravagant party because you are just letting everyone know that you are getting married. Save most of your money for your wedding.
- Pick a date. Choose a date and let your guest know a month or 2 months before the party. It’s best to choose dates on the weekend.
- Pick a Venue. Depending on how many people you want to invite, you can make an engagement party work almost anywhere—it’s really up to the hosts.
- Create your Guestlists. This will be your mock guestlist for your wedding. Once they are invited on your engagement party. They are automatically invited to your wedding.
- Send invitations. Feel free to keep the invitations simple.
- Plan the Menu. There’s no need to plan a five-course meal with a four-hour open bar. Anything from passed appetizers or tasting menu stations to a family-style buffet or casual cookout will work.
- Decide What to Wear. Your wardrobe will depend on the setting of the party. The key is to not overdo it. Keep it simple but also stand out.
So, there you go. Congratulations on your Engagement!
For engagement party invites, enquire within.